“Nothing is impossible; the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” ~ Audrey Hepburn
There is nothing that you cannot do, especially if you think you can. Mind over matter is a saying I’m sure you’ve heard many times before, but it is the truest thing about possibilities and doing what you want in life!
If you want something you CAN figure out a way to make it happen. It may not be easy, you may not be able to see the path immediately, but you can find a way!
Here are 5 steps to help you find a way.
1) Start with the end in mind: Write down exactly what it is that you want to achieve so you have a clear picture. What does it look like, feel like, etc.
2) Take a look at where you are now: What is your starting point? Where are the gaps. What is missing from where you are today to where you want to be?
3) Quiet your mind & listen to your inner voice: This may be the hardest step, but it is necessary. Make time to quiet your mind, clear the clutter and turn off those negative voices. Now just be still and listen to the positive thoughts, solutions, ideas that come to you no matter how crazy you think they are. Listen without judgement. Dismiss any negative thoughts that enter your mind.
4) Make a Plan: With the information you have conjured up from steps one through three, make a plan to get from where you are today to where you want to be. What steps can you take, no matter how small to head in the direction of your desired result? Work backward if you need to. PRIORITZE.
5) Stay Focused: If you want it you must stay focused. With that being said, stay focused, but don’t be afraid to make minor changes, take detours, and adjust when necessary. Sometimes we get so stuck in our way we don’t notice other avenues that may help us.
Lastly, be good to yourself. Remember it’s a journey, not a race. You’ll get there if you want it bad enough, but don’t sacrifice your health, your wellbeing or the other things in life that are important to you.
Get started today and take at least one small step every day!